Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cards from Corky

Earlier this month I held a contest to help Corky, of the blog Pack War, reach one of his 2014 Hobby related goals by reaching 100 Followers. Corky has a great blog and it was fun helping him out! If by chance, you still aren't following Pack War, make sure you go do it now.

I wasn't looking for anything in return, but Corky sent me some great cards as a "thank you" for helping him out! They weren't needed, but they are very much appreciated. Thanks Corky!


First up is a 2010 Upper Deck Ballparks card of Chase Field. Hope to spend a lot of time here this summer!

Next up are a couple of Paul Goldschmidt cards including a Topps RC. Goldschmidt just beat out Mike Trout in the first round of the Face of MLB contest that MLB Network is sponsoring. He goes up against the reigning Face of the MLB, Joey Votto, next. It's Twitter based. You can follow me on Twitter @daniel24303, but I'd wait until after the Face of MLB contest is over unless you don't mind a lot of #PaulGoldschmidt tweets.



Next up is a 2013 Topps Wal-Mart Blue Parallel of former D-Back Adam Eaton. I'm going to miss Eaton and wish him well in Chicago.


This card looks awesome, although I have to admit I'm not familiar with Taylor Sinclair. I looked him up and saw that he was in AAA in 2012, but didn't play at all in 2013.


Corky sent me two Randy Johnson jersey cards, which are both fantastic! The first one is a little smaller than a typical card. I heard today that Greg Maddux has decided to go into the Hall of Fame without a logo on his hat and there is speculation that Randy Johnson might do the same thing. I know I'm a D-Backs fan, but come on Johnson is a Diamondback and should go into the Hall as one. 



Corky also sent me this awesome Mike Piazza card. It's awesome by itself, but I just noticed the patch on his sleeve and couldn't help but think of GCRL and his posts on patches worn in remembrance. Here is one of the about Roberto Clemente. I'm sure GCRL could tell us what the 52 stands for.


Thanks again Corky for the cards! Good luck on your next 100 Followers!

3 comments:

  1. Agree, Johnson is 100% Diamondback. I'm jealous of D-Back fans. You guys have some insanely cool Luis Gonzalez and Randy Johnson cards from the early 2000's that sell for pennies on the dollar on COMC.

    ReplyDelete