Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 Collecting Goals

I don't post collecting goals every year, but I've noticed that when I set goals I am more focused and happier with the end results.
  1. Add 5 Topps sets to my collection (1981 - 2017). I only have 5 years right now, so that gives me a lot to choose from.
  2. Put together 10 insert sets. I need to narrow my list down because there are so many great insert sets to choose from, but I already have several in mind.
  3. Add 3 autographed baseballs to my collection. Official Major League Baseballs are pricey, so I tend to be very selective about who I have autograph a baseball and I want these to be in person autographs.
  4. Send out at least 60 ttm autograph requests. 5 requests per month should be easy enough and hopefully I'll average about 1 return per week.
  5. Add 10 cards to my Ryan Roberts collection. There aren't many Roberts cards left that I don't already have, so I had to set the goal fairly low.
  6. Add 50 cards to my Paul Goldschmidt collection. Goldy is my favorite current D-Back player.
  7. Add 10 vintage cards to my Hank Aaron collection. My overall goal is to acquire every Topps base card from his playing days. If my count is correct Aaron has 68 Topps cards between 1954 and 1976. I think I have 24 of them currently.
  8. Add 10 additional vintage cards to my collection. For this goal, I'm going to say that vintage will include anything prior to 1981. The cards need to be of star players, but not necessarily Hall of Famers.
  9. Add 100 cards to my Ken Griffey Jr. collection. I need to organize and document my Griffey collection and am excited to add to it. 
  10. Obtain a 1997 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Game Jersey card. My White Whale.
  11. Add 100 cards to my Mike Piazza collection. I need to organize and document my Piazza collection and am excited to add to it. 
  12. Finish my First Night Game at Wrigley Field project. I only need three more to complete the project (Mitch Webster, Damon Berryhill, and Darrin Jackson)
  13. Finish my Super Bowl Autograph Project. I think I need 6 more.
  14. Add to my 2005 Prime Patches Steve Finley Collection. Not putting a number on this because I don't know if there is an actual checklist.
  15. Add 5 Hall of Famers Autographs to my collection. These can be ttm, in-person, or certified but they have to be new to my collection.

6 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of goals. I love how they're so specific. Best of luck on completing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure I won't complete all of them, but I'll have fun trying!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! If I don't have goals I end up with a buunch of random stuff, which is fun, but I'd rather be focused on one thing, or in this case, 15 things.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a list of what Roberts or Goldy cards you need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to put together an updated list for both.

      Delete