Sunday, May 18, 2014

Diamondbacks 18 - Dodgers 7

Where do I start?

This season the Dodgers have dominated the Diamondbacks. Before the game last night, the Dodgers had beaten the Diamondbacks in 8 out of 9 games so far this season, including a 7 -0 beating on Friday night.

We got tickets to last nights D-Backs vs. Dodgers game through Goodyear Little League. The players got free tickets wherever you bought your seats so we opted for the best available. We sat in row 33 behind the Diamondbacks dugout. Here was our view.

















Chase Anderson took the mound for the D-backs and faced off against Clayton Kershaw...at least for the first 1 and 2/3 innings. The Diamondbacks got to Kershaw in the 2nd inning, hitting 3 triples (a franchise record) and scored 7 runs off the Dodgers ace before he was pulled from the game. The hitting continued for the D-Backs, and although the Dodgers scored 2 runs in the 3rd and 5 runs in the top of the sixth to trail the D-Backs by only 2 runs (9-7), the D-Backs scored 9 additional runs in the 6-8 innings with a final score being 18 - 7.  Anderson got the win. The second of his MLB career in as many starts.

The 18 runs scored by the Diamondbacks was a franchise record, as was their 21 hits in a 9 inning game and their 13 extra-base hits. Paul Goldschmidt clobbered 2 home runs and had two doubles. His 6 RBI in the game were a career high.

It was a great game and I don't have much of a voice this morning! We also tried the 18-inch D-Bat dog with fries. It fed our family of four and was delicious!


I also met up briefly before the game with fellow blogger, Adam, of Thoughts and Sox. We completed a quick trade, which I'll show of on a later post. 

It was also Gerardo Parra Bobblehead Night so that was awesome! I'll show the actual bobblehead of in a post later this week. This is my 41st different D-Backs bobblehead.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good game. It was the first time my kids wanted to stat for the whole thing too.

    I keep thinking I need to try one of those corn dogs but I know I won't be able to finish it.

    ReplyDelete