Thursday, May 15, 2014

I got Zapped!

On Monday I pulled a PWE out of my mailbox and got Zapped! Zippy Zapped, that is! Kenny, of the blog Cervin' Up Cards, Zippy Zapped me... and boy did I need it! You see, since March 1st, I've only posted a total of 15 times. That's going to change!


The first card I saw when I opened the pack from Kenny was this 2010 Topps 206 mini of Edwin Jackson.


It was in one of the mini sized top loaders so I turned it over and saw that it was a Cycle back and serial numbered 24/99. Sweet!


Next up were a couple of Paul Goldschmidt Opening Day cards. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with Goldschmidt. I even started a blog called Goldschmidt Happens , which I needs to do more with as well.



The next card was the Power Players card that the note indicated was unused. I have to be honest, I haven't looked into this promotion at all so far, since this is my first actual Power Players card. I'm excited to check it out. I am glad that the card features a player on it this year. Brandon McCarthy has actually done okay this year. He pitched great today going 8 innings and only giving up 1 run, but the D-Backs ended up loosing. 


Another Goldschmidt followed, this time from 2013 Finest.


This Aaron Hill Ballpark Fun card followed. These are some of my favorite cards because they bring back specific memories. 


Two more Aaron Hill cards followed. This 2013 Opening Day card and the 2013 Target Red Parallel. I do love the Red parallel D-Backs cards. 


The final card in the pack was this beautiful 2011 Topps Stephen Drew card featuring him rounding third, presumably after hitting a home run! 


Thanks for the all the great cards Kenny! 


1 comment: