Saturday, February 28, 2015

I got Zippy Zapped again!

Kenny, of the blog Torren' Up Cards, is at it again. He Zippy Zapped me again! Thanks Kenny!

As usual Kenny included several personalized packs. Two were full of 2015 Topps base cards since I'm going to complete the set. Thanks Kenny!

Kenny included another 3 packs of D-Backs awesomeness!

Here is a sampling of what Kenny sent.

These were probably two of my favorite cards that Kenny sent. A 2010 Sega Card-Gen card of Chris Young and a 2011 Sega Card-Gen card of Daniel Hudson.

These cards are awesome! The backs are written in Japanese and Kenny provided a translation. I also love that Kenny shipped then in the penny sleeves he got them in from Japan.



In addition to the two packs of 2015 Topps base, Kenny also included some D-Backs cards from 2015 Topps. 

I got curious about the patch on Nuno's jersey and so I did a little research and discovered that it was a patch commemorating the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's farewell speech. It was only worn on July 27, 2014. Nuno started that day against the Phillies in Philidelphia. The D-Backs lost 4-2.


I know a lot of people have complaints about this years Future Stars, but I actually like their simplistic nature.


Super happy to add a new Goldschmidt insert to my collection! This commemorates his first home run which came on August 2, 2011 against the San Francisco Giants. This is significant for an upcoming post of mine.


Kenny added a bunch of parallels; numbered colored parallels and refractors.




I'll finish off with these two Peter O'Brien cards. 


O'Brien was part of the Martin Prado trade with the Yankees. He's a catcher and there has been a lot of talk early this spring about him. 

The D-Backs traded Miguel Montero this off season and so the catchers spot has been up for grabs. Tuffy Gosewisch filled in at the end of last season and he is expected to get the starting spot, but I think O'Brien is making some people question that. 

I think it's very likely that O'Brien will see time in the big leagues this year.

1 comment:

  1. That bit about Vidal Nuno is pretty interesting. I never would've guessed that it was from a game honoring Lou Gehrig.

    I'm looking forward to what Peter O'Brien can do as a D-Back. It's been so long that I'm starting to forget that he was ever a Yankees farmhand.

    ReplyDelete