In early April I was laid off and so while I had more time to blog, I didn't have the funds to purchase cards. I realize that you don't have to buy cards to have something to blog about, but it does help.
While I was unemployed I took advantage of my extra free time and did a thorough reorganization of my entire collection. I went through roughly 25,000 basketball cards and 80,000 baseball cards. Here is a brief breakdown of how I organized the baseball.
- Hall of Famers sorted alphabetically
- Diamondbacks sorted alphabetically
- Paul Goldschmidt sorted by brand
- Star Players sorted alphabetically
- TTM an In-Person Autographs sorted alphabetically
- Pulled out cards for future TTM requests
- Started a new name collection (anybody with the name Daniel or Wilson)
- Started Player Collections of Doc Gooden, Don Mattingly, and Dale Murphy
- All other cards sorted by team
But like I said before, I know you don't have to have a ton of money, or time for that matter, to keep a blog going strong. It just takes some effort and a desire to keep it going, and that I have.