Monday, May 22, 2017

GREAT AMERICAN Treasures - Wade Boggs

I've been trying to clean up the man cave a bit recently. Aside from the room being clean, another benefit is finding cards that I had forgotten that I bought.

I picked up this 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Great American Treasures Wade Boggs bat card off ebay for less than $9 shipped.


















It features a piece of his bat that was used in the 1996 World Series. The back of the card features a picture of the actual bat.


















This is one of my all-time favorite sets. The set has some amazing players and items. Hank Aaron hat card from his 755th HR game, Barry Bonds 500th HR ball, Mark McGwire 60th HR ball, etc. I only own one other card from the set; a Magglio Ordonez card. Everything else is a little out of my price range, so when I saw this at less than $10 I jumped on it.

4 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I wish more cards were this specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few sets out there like this, but not many. I really like what Topps did with Strata.

      Delete
  2. Great piece of history. All game used cards should have documentation on which game the piece of memorabilia came from.

    ReplyDelete