Friday, September 10, 2021

Offer Up Purchase: 1980 - 1986 TCMA Baseball Immortals set

The U-Haul box of cards I bought a few weeks back off of Offer Up contained a 1980 - 1986 Baseball Immortals set. 

This is probably the highlight of the entire purchase for me. I had actually been looking on eBay at this same set just a few days before I made the purchase, but the sets that I was looking at were in the $45-$50 range and I wasn't ready to make that type of commitment. Good thing I didn't. I was able to add this set and a bunch of other sets and cards for $50 total. 

I do still need the final 3 cards from the set, issued in 1987. If anyone has an extra Billy Williams (#197), Catfish Hunter (#198), or Ray Dandridge (#199), please let me know. 

I have seen singles from this set over the years, but never the complete set, so here it is, in all it's glory.













































Very cool set featuring every member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame up to that point. Who out there has this set? There are some interesting picture choices. Anyone have a favorite?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, you definitely lucked out. This is one of my all-time favorite TCMA sets from when I was a kid and I paid around $45 for it and I still need the last nine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have some of the cards, just not sure if it's a complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have some similar collecting interests and this set is one of them. I came across a very small partial set of these cards after I started my Hall of Famer Frankenset. Now I am on the lookout for the rest of these cards. Thanks for sharing this awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my card collecting buddies on the East Coast hooked me up with a nice starter set of these beauts. Down to needing 35 cards left. In the meantime, I'll flip through the binder from time to time enjoying these colorful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The font change stands out when viewed all at once. Thanks for showing all these off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, Am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    and consider all your financial problems tackled and solved. Share this to help a soul right now. THANKS

    ReplyDelete