Saturday, July 4, 2009

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter box

So I went to my local card shop yesterday and bought a box of 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter. I don't know why I did it. Every time I spend $50+ on a box of cards and end up with a couple of jersey/autos of players that I have never heard of, I always tell myself: "Don't buy anymore boxes. You will save a ton of money just buying the cards that you want." I don't know why I don't listen to myself more often. It was yet another diappointing box. I did get 3 jersey cards and 1 bat card, but nobody big. I got Delwyn young of the Dodgers and Tom Gorzelanny of the Pirates.


I also got Vladimir Guerrero and Carlos Zambrano.

I really like the design of the base cards. Very clean. I like that all players on the same team are featured in the same style jersey. See a few of my loveable yet very frustrating D-Backs below for example. Too bad I only got 5 D-Backs cards out of the whole box. The 3 below and Alex Romero and Orlando Hudson.


Other than the D-Backs cards, everything is for trade or I will be posting it on ebay. So the end result of my $50+. 5 Diamondbacks cards that I will keep and probably ebays sales in the $4-$5 range. I should have listened to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment