Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rick Vaughn "Wild Thing" Bobblehead

Last night, the wife and I took the kids over to Goodyear ballpark for a Halloween event. One of the booths was being run by the Cincinnati Reds and Cleaveland Indians. They each had a little bean bag toss game for the kids. The prize for the Reds was a Reds/Goodyear ballpark visor (yawn), but the prize for the Indians was a bobblehead. So I took my 3 year old to the booth and let him play the Reds bean bag toss game. No one was running the Indians bean bag toss so I walked over to table and asked the man how we got a bobblehead. He said that his wife was the one running the bean bag game but she was currently at home plate for some of the festivities, so they would not be doing anything until she got back. So my son and I waited patiently for about 5 minutes until the lady returned. The man told his wife that my soon had been waiting to throw the bean bags. The woman then turned to my son and told him he could pick one of the bobbleheads because he had waited. I think that in order to win a bobblehead you had to get all three bean bags through the hole, not an easy task, so we got lucky. So there were two options, the Rick Vaughn or a crazy looking Shin Soo Choo bobblehead. We choose the Rick Vaughn bobblehead. My son then went and played the bean bag game and he got 2 out of 3 in the hole so maybe we would have won it anyways.









Here is a picture of the Shin Soo Choo bobblehead that we passed on. Which one would you have picked?

3 comments: