Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coincidence...I think not!

Nachos Grande is hosting a contest where bloggers are competing by writing a post about a card assigned by Nachos Grande himself. I signed up and looked today to see what the first card would be that I was assigned. It was this card, a 2012 Allen & Ginter Murder in Willow Cove card featuring murder victim Lennie Guttman. I really like Allen & Ginter, but I rarely bust packs anymore so I haven't opened any of this years Allen & Ginter. I've bought a few Ryan Roberts singles off eBay, but that's it. I have however read countless posts from other bloggers about 2012 Allen & Ginter, so I had some idea that these cards are part of the "crack the code" promotion. The coincidence, or is it, is that I just got this card in the mail today. Spiegel83 of the blog Nomo's Sushi Platter, sent me a trade package and included this card on the top of one of the stacks of cards he sent. How weird is that?


The other team bag had this card on top. So I think he was just using them as protection. Or does Speigel know something about Nacho Grande's contest that I don't? More importantly, does he know something about the Murder in Willow Cove that the rest of us don't know? Only time will tell. Only time will tell. (The second "Only time will tell." was added for dramatic effect. Let me know if it worked.)


Here are a few of the other cards that Speigel83 sent.

Fan-favorite Luis "Gonzo" Gonzalez.


Miguel Montero RC - My oldest son's favorite player!


Goldschmidt happens!


Justin Upton - Still stuck on home run number 99! 

Dan Haren - This former All-Star is now the fourth best pitcher in the Angels rotation.


Kelly Johnson - 2011 Bowman Blue Parallel numbered to 500


Baxter 

Speigel sent quite a few Webb cards. I need to check my list to see if I need any of them.


C.Y.


The next two cards were a complete surprise!

1970 Topps Bill Buckner RC - this will be a great addition to my vintage collection!


1969 Topps card of Hall of Famer knuckballer Hoyt Wilhelm.




No comments:

Post a Comment