Sunday, June 22, 2014

PWE from GCRL

On Friday I got a PWE from Jim, of the blog GCRL. Jim packed 11 awesome cards into one envelope! Thanks Jim!

This Paul Goldschmidt New Age Performers insert is sweet! Very happy to add this to my collection!


Jim knows I collect Mike Piazza and he sent me three Piazza cards for my collection! Each one is awesome! I love all the cards from the 1990's and early 2000's. 




Speaking of great cards from the 90's and early 2000's. 


Sometimes I forget that Shawn Green was even on the Diamondbacks. Grateful for these cards as a reminder. 


Here are few other former D-Backs. I used to love it when Brandon Lyon would come in to pitch because they would play a lion's roar at Chase Field. 


How is Chris Young still in the majors? He had one good year. 2007, his first full season in the big leagues. And when I say he had a good year... I mean he hit 32 home runs. He batted .237 that season. The highest his batting average has ever been, in any season is .257. He's currently batting .202 for the Mets. 


I always liked Reynolds, but he sure does strike out a lot. I mentioned it in my Tribute to Gwynn post, but Reynolds struck out 434 times between 2009 -10, that is the same amount of times that Tony Gwynn struck out in his entire 20 year career. 


Does this smile remind anyone else of the Joker? 



And finally, Conor Jackson. I always liked Jackson and felt really bad about what happened to him. He got Valley Fever and was never the same. On April 18, 2008 against the Padres, Jackson hit a home run, triple and single in his first 3 at-bats. Facing Greg Maddux in his last at-bat, Jackson hit a ball to deep center field and instead of stopping at 2nd for the cycle, he continued on to 3rd ending the game with a home run, two triples, and a single. 


No comments:

Post a Comment