Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Autograph Opportunity: Frank Thomas

I got an email today about an autograph signing for Frank Thomas in December. Honestly growing up I was not a fan of Frank Thomas. My favorite player was Ken Griffey Jr.and if you remember anything about Beckett from the 1990's it was the Hot List. It was on the last glossy page right before the actual price guide portion of the magazine. For years, Griffey and Thomas battled it out for the #1 spot of the Hot List. It was just hard for me to like a guy that was in constant competition with my favorite player.


Over the years I have come to respect and admire what Thomas did on the baseball field. 


I'd love to meet "The Big Hurt" and get his autograph, but I can't imagine paying $99 for a baseball or flat item plus $35 for an inscription. A bat, equipment, or jersey would set me back $129. Reggie Jackson is signing at the same location in September with an $89 price tag for a baseball and $40 for an inscription. I can't imagine paying that either, so while I'd love to have autographs of both I'll have to pass this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment