Sunday, August 31, 2014

D-Backs Alumni Night: Autographs (Part #2)

My oldest son and I went to the D-Backs game last night. It was Alumni Night and so we spent an hour before the game and the first 5 innings trying to get autographs upstairs by the entrance to the club area where the alumni players and their families were at during the game.

When we arrived, Travis Lee was there and we got him to sign 3 cards. Lee was in and out of the club area all night and signed for everyone that asked. He was super nice!

Waiting 'til Next Year sent me this card in January and I remember thinking how good it would look signed. I was right!

















Luis Gonzalez was next. He signed for everyone as well and was really nice as usual.



Steve Finley was the next to sign. He signed one of three for me and then signed our jumbo ticket for my son. he used our Sharpie marker to sign several more autographs and then went to hand back my marker. He then signed an additional card and gave me my Sharpie back. 


Reggie Sanders left the club to do an interview. As he left he said he would sign when he came back. He was true to his word and signed 2 out of 3 cards for me. The one card he didn't sign was him in a Pirates uniform, so I was glad he signed these two D-Backs cards.



Junior Spivey signed 1 out of 3 cards for us and didn't seem like he wanted to be there.


When Brandon Webb arrived he saw me fumbling through my binder of cards, so he walked over and waited patiently for me to find his page and signed all 3 cards for me and then signed for everyone else. He's such a nice guy!




David Dellucci left to do an interview and said he would sign when he returned. He did and I got these 3 cards signed. he was the last person that we got to sign. 



2 comments:

  1. Great collection of IP autos. Did you fanboy for Webb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten to meet Webb several times and so not this time, but the first time I met him I have to admit I was in awe. I even got a picture with him that first time.

      Delete