Monday, November 21, 2016

Card Show Recap

I went to a card show and the card shop on Saturday. This post I'll just recap the card show. Don't get too excited. I think I spent less than $5 between the two. I'm sure I spent more in gas than I did on cards. I took my three boys with me though and the two oldest bought a few things, so it was worth it.

The show didn't have as many dealers as usual. There were lots of empty tables. Probably about 25% less. It's also a coin and stamp show, so there just wasn't a ton of cards.

I stick to the dime boxes mostly and at this show the only dime boxes are just the base from boxes that the dealers have opened recently, so it's somewhat limited.

Enough excuses. Here's what I got.

For ttm.


Love the different photos that they use in this set.




This is for my donut collection.





For ttm.


A few D-Backs.





For my Cards Featuring Awards collection.


More D-Backs. I had a hard time distinguishing the Hudson and the Miller cards.





 Big Papi tipping his cap one last time.


All the previous cards were dime boxes. This was my big purchase at the show, coming in at $1. Sad that it's a Dodger, but I thought a Topps Now card for a buck was too good to pass up.


6 comments:

  1. Donut collection... huh, I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite mini collections. Mmmmm...donuts.

      Delete
  2. For a buck! FOR A BUCK!! Waaaaa???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised as well to see it for a buck. The guy had this one and then about 5-6 Jameson Taillon Topps Now cards in his dollar bin. Let me know if you need this one Night Owl.

      Delete
  3. Hooray! The day has arrived where Topps Now cards can be found for a buck. Give it a few years... and maybe, just maybe... we'll find them sitting in dime boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was shocked to find this one for a buck and I made sure to show it to the guy and thought he might say it was in the wrong bin, but he didn't. There were 5 or 6 Jameson Taillon Topps Now cards in the same bin.

      Delete