Wednesday, June 20, 2018

9 cards from Collecting Cutch

I celebrated the ninth anniversary of my blog yesterday and guess what arrived in the mail yesterday. A package from fellow blogger Brian, of the blog Collecting Cutch. Not only did he send me a package that arrived on the day of my 9th anniversary, but the package contained...you guessed it...9 cards! It's like he planned it!

Here are the 9 cards.

Now, as you all know Brian is an Andrew McCutchen super collector. He has an amazing collection with 196 1/1 cards. Yes, you read that correctly. He has almost 200 Andrew McCutchen 1/1 cards. I've become a McCutchen fan mostly because of looking at Brian's awesome collection. Brian sent me 5 McCutchen cards.







Brian added a little commentary to this card when he wrote on the team bag "I love hitting walk offs against D-Backs" since Cutch did the Diamondbacks in earlier this season.


Brian didn't just send the McCutchen cards. He included a sweet Fire parallel of Goldschmidt numbered to 299.


Brian also included some Randy Johnson cards. This one from Fire.


On the back of this card we learn who gave Randy Johnson the nickname "Big Unit". Anyone know who it was?

I gotta say the Fire Randy Johnson card has got a lot going on and I'm not sure the style really matches the rest of the product. i would expect to find it in something like Opening Day or maybe Bunt, but it's growing on me.

This next Randy Johnson Topps Gallery card is a bit more traditional and reserved.


Finally, with card number 9 Brian hit a grand slam. Not only is it a bat card of the Big Unit, but it's a dual bat relic with fellow pitching ace Greg Maddux. This card features Maddux batting and will go in my Chicks dig the long ball collection. Thank you so much Brian!


4 comments:

  1. Nice bat relic! I've always liked Cutch but I have to admit I've watched him a little more closely because of Brian (that thought balloon was a nice touch!)

    p.s. I've got a post queued up about the D-backs and other Arizona sports teams. Hope you'll check it out, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a package ready for you too Sir. I think you will enjoy it. Should go out Saturday.

      Delete
  2. Happy you liked the cards. I have been swamped with work and life so I never got around to getting them shipped until recently. The Maddux/Big Unit bat card seemed too perfect for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely perfect fit with the Maddux/Johnson bat card! Thank you so much!

      Delete