Sunday, November 21, 2010

TTM Success

I got two TTM requests back in the mail this past Thursday. I sent them both out about a week and a half ago, so I got them back pretty quick! I didn't have a card for either, so I sent each a 3x5 index card to sign.

Lee MacPhail - Baseball Executive for the New York Yankees and Baltimore Orioles, he also served as American League President from 1974 - 1984. He was elected to the baseball Hall of Fame in 1998, joining his father, Larry MacPhail and becoming the only father/son pair in the Hall of Fame.




Phil Cavarretta - Played for the Chicago Cubs for 20 years (1934-1953), and the Chicago White Sox for two years (1954-1955).  He won a batting title and the National League MVP Award in 1945 while leading the Cubs to the pennant. The career .293 hitter was a 4 time All-Star. Cavarretta also owns the distinction of being the only play on a major league roster at the same time as both Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm new to collecting (again) but would love to do some trading. Email me at derekhill1@gmail.com if you're interested in any of the following:
    2010 Topps Legenday Lineage Jackie Robinson/Matt Kemp
    10 Topps update Aaron Heilman, Adam Laroche, and Chris Young NL All Star
    07 Fleer Rookie Sensations Conor Jackson
    08 UD first edition Micah Owings
    10 Topps Mark Reynolds

    Thanks,
    Derek

    I'm looking for braves stuff or anything cool

    ReplyDelete