Monday, August 17, 2015

1954 Topps Henry Aaron RC

I've always been a big Hank Aaron fan. My first "vintage" purchases as a kid were two 1976 Topps Hank Aaron cards. One was his base card and the other was a '75 Record Breaker card for Most Runs Batted In, Lifetime - 2262.

1976 was Aaron's last season in the big leagues and Topps didn't include a card of him in their 1977 set, so these were his last cards as an active player and feature him as a member of the Milwaukee Brewers.

On the other end of the spectrum, Henry Aaron began his Major League Baseball career in 1954 with the Milwaukee Braves. I picked up his rookie card today from my LCS.



Far from perfect condition, I absolutely love this card and all its imperfections! It's way off-centered, has a nice crease, and rounded corners among other things, but I absolutely love this card.  

9 comments:

  1. That's a GORGEOUS card. I just recently decided to acknowledge the elephant in the room and add this to my top 25 wants, so I'm more than a little jealous right now, but ultimately just very happy for you. The world's a much better place when cool cards land in good homes. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete