Sunday, August 9, 2015

Arizona Diamondbacks retire Randy Johnson's #51

My family and I went to the Diamondbacks game last night for the retirement of Randy Johnson's #51.






































They gave out shirts at the gate and then we got these posters at our seats. I also got to see Moe, of the blog, My 2008 Topps Set Blog. briefly in passing. He is posting again so be sure to go show him some love.

The game was supposed to start at 5:10 pm, but the pre-game ceremony went long and so I don't think the game started until after 5:30 pm, but the D-Backs did a great job and it was awesome to see Randy so emotional.

I decided today to do a Randy Johnson PC, and what I mean by that is I will be sorting and storing all my Randy Johnson cards together. I won't be going after any high dollar inserts, relics, or autos, but if I see a card I don't already have of his in a dime box, I'll pick it up.

I went through what I already have as far his cards with the Diamondbacks and have just over 200 different cards. With Expos, Mariners, Astros, and Yankees I probably have another 100, so I'm off to a nice start.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for saying hi! Surprised you saw me. The crowd was pretty big.

    I'm glad I went to this one. It might be a long time before the D-Backs retire another number.

    ReplyDelete