- Add 5 Topps sets to my collection (1981 - 2018). I have 12 years right now, so that leaves me with roughly 2/3 left.
- Put together 10 insert sets. I need to narrow my list down because there are so many great insert sets to choose from, but I already have several in mind.
- Add 3 autographed baseballs to my collection. Official Major League Baseballs are pricey, so I tend to be very selective about who I have autograph a baseball and I want these to be in person autographs.
- Send out at least 60 ttm autograph requests. 5 requests per month should be easy enough and hopefully I'll average about 1 return per week.
- Add 10 cards to my Ryan Roberts collection. There aren't many Roberts cards left that I don't already have, so I had to set the goal fairly low.
- Add 100 cards to my Paul Goldschmidt collection. Goldy is my favorite current D-Back player. If I can add 100 Goldy cards in 2018, it will put me close to 500 different Goldschmidt cards.
- Add 10 vintage cards to my Hank Aaron collection. My overall goal is to acquire every Topps base card from his playing days. If my count is correct Aaron has 69 Topps cards between 1954 and 1976.
- Add 10 additional vintage cards to my collection. For this goal, I'm going to say that vintage will include anything prior to 1981. The cards need to be of star players, but not necessarily Hall of Famers.
- Add 50 cards to my Ken Griffey Jr. collection. Finally got my Griffey collection organized in 2017, so I'll be able to track any additions.
- Obtain a 1997 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Game Jersey card. My White Whale.
- Add 50 cards to my Mike Piazza collection. Finally got my Piazza collection organized in 2017, so I'll be able to track any additions.
- Finish my First Night Game at Wrigley Field project. I only need three more to complete the project (
Mitch Webster, Damon Berryhill, and Darrin Jackson).
- Finish my Super Bowl Autograph Project. I think I need 6 more. I think I'll change my standards to try to complete this. I previously said that it would have to be someone that scored points for the team that won. Now, I'll just go for someone on the winning team.
- Add to my 2005 Prime Patches Steve Finley Collection. Not putting a number on this because I don't know if there is an actual checklist.
- Add 5 Hall of Famers Autographs to my collection. These can be ttm, in-person, or certified but they have to be new to my collection.
- Organize my D-Backs cards by team set and complete 50 team sets. 50 seems like a lot, but I probably have a lot of team sets already, so I just need to get them sorted.
- Start a collection of pack wrappers. Any year, and brand, just start collecting and store them properly.
- Add 2018 game-issued D-Backs bobbleheads to my collection. Anticipating there will be 4 or 5.
- Complete collection of Diamondbacks schedules. I have a few, but will need to add most of them.
- Organize my collection. This will be a huge undertaking involving all areas of my collection. Cards, autographed memorabilia, bobbleheads, other items.
Monday, January 1, 2018
2018 Collecting Goals
My 2018 Collecting Goals are going to look a lot like my 2017 Collecting Goals, but I'm okay with that.