Thursday, November 19, 2020

Bowman Page-a-Year:1954

I did what I called, a Topps Page-a-Year binder where I gathered one page per year of every Topps set from 1952 - current. From 1952 - 1956, the pages only hold 8 cards. Starting in 1957, 9 cards fit per page.

Naturally I need to do the same thing with Bowman. I have a page of 55 Bowmans. Yesterday I shared some Baltimore Orioles cards from the 1954 set that I purchased recently. Here are the 3 additional cards I picked up from the 1954 set for my page.

Check out this beat up Frank Thomas rookie card. The creases and dinged corners allowed me to snag this for just 95 cents. 


I wanted a Brooklyn Dodger card and this was another 95 cent option, so George Schuba joins my page. Schuba is all smiles after hitting a pinch hit home run in the 1953 World Series even though the Dodgers would lose to the Yankees in 6 games.


Joe Nuxhall is best known for being the youngest ever to play in a major league game when he pitched 2/3 of an inning for the Reds in 1944 a just 15 years, 316 days old. This card was produced roughly 10 years after his debut.


So here is my page of 1954 Bowman.



2 comments:

  1. Never really gave 1954 Bowman any attention until these three posts of yours... but I'm starting to appreciate it. The color photography can almost pass as beautiful paintings. Wait. These are photographs, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! worth every penny. Early Bowmans are the best. These look great paged.

    ReplyDelete