Sunday, November 29, 2020

I just need the Topps card to complete the trifecta.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 2020 has been a strange and challenging year, but I still have much to be grateful for this day. My faith and my family are at the top of the list, but I have a long list of hobby related items that I am thankful for as well.

I'm grateful for card shops and one in particular; The Batter's Box. I've mentioned them before, but I love that they have weekly live auctions. They hold them on Saturdays and Wednesday nights. This past Wednesday I was in the area and was able to stop by for the auction. 

I only snagged one item from the auction. It was this 1954 Red Heart Harvey Kuenn rookie card.


It's beat up, but I was able to grab it for about $6, so I can deal with it for that price. It's also my first card from the Red Heart set. 


I'm not a dog person, but I would like to think that I would have begged my parents for a dog, 6 cans of dog food, and 30 cents so I could get the complete 33 card set. Yep, 2 cans of dog food and a dime, would get you an 11 card all-star team. Each 11 card grouping has a different background color, so that means that the kid that got this Harvey Kuenn card also got the Mickey Mantle card as well.


If you recall, I recently picked up a 1954 Bowman Harvey Kuenn recently. With the addition of this Red Heart card, I just need the 1954 Topps Kuenn rookie card to complete the trifecta.


I can pick up a well loved version of the Topps card for around $10, so it shouldn't be long. 

Do you have any Red Heart cards in your collection? If so, which ones? 

4 comments:

  1. Don't own any Red Heart cards. In fact... I didn't even know it was a dog food issue. That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any Red Heart cards, either. Most of my 50s cards were my uncle's childhood cards, and they didn't have a dog. B^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $6 is a decent price. I grabbed an Al Dark for about the same price a last year.

    ReplyDelete