Wednesday, January 6, 2021

2021 will be FUN

One of my sisters went to visit my brother and his wife in between Christmas and New Years. We got together with them this past Sunday and they brought me a package from my brother and sister-in-law. I opened it and found this awesome Vintage Baseball Cards calendar.


Ty Cobb is on the front and the same card graces December 2021 as well. There are a few other notable names, but there are also some that I am not familiar with, so it will be fun learning about the players throughout the year.


I am still working on my card room, but I put up the calendar this morning and snapped a couple of pictures. 

To be honest I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with my card room organization project right now. I love the look of the shelves and the binders, but 40 years worth of Topps cards in binders takes up a ton of space. Almost both entire bookcases will be filled up with just these Topps cards, by the time I'm done. What do I do with everything else? If you remember my "before" picture, the room is packed to the brim and to get these two bookcases in I removed a cabinet that held cards and some wire shelving that held cards. 

Again, I love the look of the new shelves and I'm going to keep going with my organizing, but I am really going to need to look at getting rid of all the stuff that doesn't fit in my collection. For example, some of the boxed sets below, I have other sets in binders, but I like the look of the boxed set. What should I do?


Here is a look at January and a 1910-11 Turkey Red Peaches Graham card.


Like I said, it will be fun looking at this calendar throughout the year and taking an in depth look at some of the more obscure players showcased. 

7 comments:

  1. The Georgia Peach is definitely a good way to start off a calendar. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d go with leaving them in the box if possible....more fun that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice calender. Those boxed sets actually look quite nice stacked up like that, I say leave them as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get a few more of those boxed sets, you could use them to build a room partition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice calendar! I think the boxed sets add a splash of color. I enjoy binders too but they take up a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a perfect world, I'd binder up ever set. But I don't have the space either... so 97% of the sets I own are in boxes.

    P.S. Love the calendar.

    ReplyDelete