Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

Okay, so my three main goals hobby goals for 2021 are: 1) Organize 2) Downsize (sort of) and 3) Be more involved in the blogging community.

But what do I want to add to my collection in 2021 as well. I'm going to use this post to help me allocate my funds in a focused manner.

1) Frames for Donruss Puzzles - I have all of the Donruss Puzzles, but want to frame them all so I can enjoy them. There are 17 of them, so even at $5 each, when you include tax that's about $100.

2) Binder all my sets. Is "binder" a word? Anyone reading this knows what that means. Between pages and binders, this will be costly as well. I've seen pictures of other collectors collections with binders all labeled and that's what I'm going for with my collection. 

I bought 32 binders yesterday at Sam's Club. 16 two inch and 16 one inch. The two inch binders should work for the base Topps, Upper Deck, Donruss, Fleer, and Score sets while the one inch binders will house update sets, oddball cards, and all the 100-300 card sets of the 90's and 00's.

3) Wrappers. The last few days of 2020 found me browsing eBay for Topps wax wrappers from the 70's and 80's. I picked up a couple of lots. Not sure exactly how I'm going to display them, but I think they will look great in my card room.

4) Hall of Fame rookie cards. I'm going to document what I have and then the goal is to pick up 12 more in 2021.

5) Finish one vintage set. I am currently working on 1970, 1971, and 1973 Topps and I want to complete at least one of them in 2021.

I'm going to leave it at this for now. I think this will keep me busy and focused for 2021.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with the framing of the Donruss puzzles. I bought many of them and gave them to my puzzling grandfather when he could no longer handle larger puzzles. Be warned, some pieces fit together better than others.
    I'm very jealous of your vintage set goal. So much so, that I might try to complete a vintage set of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMK, when ever you want to add some 71's. I have a ton of dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I framed all of the Donruss puzzles years ago. Tom is right, they don't hold together well. I bought cheap frames, which worked ok for a while, but eventually ill fitting pieces and gravity combined, and several puzzles started having pieces come loose and fall down within the frame. I would recommend making sure the frames exert some pressure on the puzzle for stability. Or secure them somehow. Years later, mine are sitting in a stack waiting for me to open the frames, fix them up and secure them. I'm pretty lazy, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals are rather similar to mine. I'm in the process of putting 2020 Topps (S1, S2, Update) into binders by team and position. I'll also include the various wrappers in the binder. Simultaneously, I'll be trying to acquire more vintage 1969, 1971 and 1972 Topps cards to get closer to finishing those set. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet that wrapper display will look great! and good luck on the hof rookies - i am looking forward to seeing what you have and what you add in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Good luck with the binders! There is a binder carousel I saw on the internet that looks pretty sweet. Excited to see your Donruss puzzles framed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with these goals. I can't wait to see the Donruss puzzled framed up. And I 100% support the of binder as a verb. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent set of goals. If you get dupes of the 1971 dupes that Johnny's Trading Spot is sending, let me know - that's one of my grail goals as well...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might want to check Dollar Tree for frames, some locations have a pretty decent selection, and some of the frames are the exact kind that you'd pay considerably more for elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out. I have a particular frame in mind already, but I'll look there as well.

      Delete
  10. Looking to Solve Your Financials Solutions in this Covid-19 Pandemic
    Be careful anytime you are buying cc or dumps, i was searching for a legit vendor before and i was ripped so many time until i met someone who was recommended by Admin of carding forums
    They sell the following Fresh good Dumps and with pin, Different Countries CVV, Fullz,, SSN DOB,MMN, Social Media Profiles Boost, Banks logins, Paypal with G-talk verified, Ebay, Amazon accounts logins, bestbuy, all kinds of shops account available, SMTP, RDP, Mailers PHP,Best Leads. EMV Software Reader Writer, Netflix Premium. all are available, etc CC Format we selling are:|Card #|Exp. Date|CVV/CVV2|First Name|Last Name|Street|City|State|Zip Code|Country|Phone|Type Of Card|Bank Name|

    They are among the best, legit left in the world they gave me my biggest cash out in cc and dumps till date, i advise you to get your tools ready and have a good setup if you want to get success in your transaction
    you can reach them on below contacts

    Email: jdenterprises@qualityservice.com
    gary.jones00222@gmail.com
    hark212@hotmail.com
    Telegram: https://t.me/validvendors
    icq: chat- 711343039
    Your financial solutions, stop stressing in silence
    Thank me later

    ReplyDelete