Saturday, January 2, 2021

Organization Update

I don't have pictures to prove it, but I bought 42 additional binders. 500 sheets, and two bookcases today in an effort to get organized. The bookcases were from Ikea, so it took me a little while to put them together, but wasn't actually as bad as I thought. Took me about an hour to put them together.

The binders I got from Sam's Club. I quickly ran out of the 32 binders I bought the other day so I got an additional 24 two inch, 16 one inch, and 2 three inch binders. 

I hit up my card shop for the 5 boxes of sheets. When I brought them up to the counter, the owner blurted out the obligatory "holy sheets". This will hardly make a dent in how many I need, but it will have to do for now. I also got 55 eight card sheets, which will allow me to binder the 1989 Bowman set. Speaking of 1989 Bowman, I noticed the my LCS had boxes of it for $47.95 each. The price of "junk wax" these days just blows my mind. I also picked up some twelve spot sheets as well that I plan on using for the small circular stickers from 1989 Upper Deck.

Speak of 1989 Upper Deck, in my reorganization efforts I came across a box of duplicates from that set, so if you need any 1989 Upper Deck cards, let me know.

I also picked up a few cards at the card shop as well that I will be showcasing on the blog over the next few days. 

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pictures of the my updated card room that I can share on the blog. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of fun to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sheets! I bet it feels good to organize! Happy New Year and cant wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 48 bucks for 1989 Bowman??????? OK, I'm going to say this nice and loud and I hope your LCS doesn't get mad, but people need to know: DON'T BUY '89 BOWMAN FOR 48 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my goals this year is to show what I put in my binders. Unlike most collectors, I don't organize/binder my cards in numerical order. It just looks too random in my binders. I can't wait to see the progress you make on the binders and card room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Daniel. It seems like you're motivated and making some really good progress. Keep it up. As for the 1989 Bowman... that's awesome. The question is how many will they actually sell at that price.

    ReplyDelete