Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Binder 3 of 19 (1982 Donruss)

The next binder from my card show purchase was filled with 322 cards from 1982 Donruss. I didn't notice any doubles and there was not a single blank spot on the sheets. Would this mean that stars would be included?


The only star presence in the binder cam in the form of two Expos rookie cards of minor stars, which were found on the first and second page in the binder.



Nothing else of note until the last three pages which contained a complete puzzle which feature Babe Ruth. 


Donruss put gum in it's 1981 packs, but was sued and lost to Topps and so they inserted puzzle pieces into their packs fr the first time in 1982. The puzzles became a staple for Donruss for the next 10 years or so.

I've always loved the Donruss puzzles and was thrilled to find it in the binder. In my opinion, this made the binder worth the 80 cents I paid for it.

How about you? Are you a fan of the Donruss puzzles?

6 comments:

  1. My grandfather loves completing puzzles, but he's getting older and having a more difficult time. I actually gave him a dozen different Donruss puzzles, including the Ruth in your post, as a Father's Day gift. 63 pieces should make things a little easier on him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clemente puzzle pieces are the only ones I have. Im terrible at puzzles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of puzzles but I lack the time, space, and patience to put puzzles together that are more than a few hundred pieces.

      Delete
  3. Found a bunch of 82D at my local flea market a while back and found the Tim Wallach rookie as well. It inspired me to go out and grab a PSA 10 copy of the card for my Expos PC.

    As for the puzzles... heck yeah, I'm a fan. I have all of them... except for the 2002 Ted Williams puzzle. I have them up on my website:

    http://fujiapple.weebly.com/donruss-puzzle-pc.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for directing me to your page with the puzzles! They look fantastic!

      Delete