Wednesday, March 7, 2018

1985 Donruss Diamond Kings

Starting in 1982, just it's second year producing baseball cards, Donruss turned to renowned sports artist Dick Perez to create the artwork used to produce it's Diamond Kings subset cards for the next the next 10 years (1982-1991) and the next several years (1992-1996) as an insert set with the cards being serial numbered to 10,000 in it's final year.

I picked up the 1985 subset at a local card shop recently for $1.25. With it being a 27 card set, that works out to less than 5 cents per card. I'm hoping to be able to add more Diamond Kings to my collection.







I know some people don't care for the Diamond Kings cards, but I love them. To me they are Donruss. When I think about Donruss,  I think of Diamond Kings and puzzles. How about you? Are you a fan of Diamond Kings?

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of them at the time as a kid. But now I think they're all right and wish I had collected more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Diamond Kings as a kid and they still hold a fond place in my heart. I miss the "art" that used to be in cards...Diamond Kings, the Upper Deck team checklists, the Score All-Star cards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love art cards. Easy buy for that price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you would like some or anyone specific; please send me a text! Lmk who you are and where from; goes for all and anybody looking for vintage too early 2000s baseball mostly!!! All other sports ask!?? Thank you

    ReplyDelete