Tuesday, August 25, 2020

1952 Bowman

I paid $6 for this lot of 1952 Bowman cards. No, I'm not trying to complete the 1952 Bowman set, but at just over a buck apiece I couldn't pass them up. There are a couple of familiar names here in Vic Wertz and Sal Magie, Also included are Monte Kennedy, Vern Bickford, and Frank Baumholtz.


With these 5 I probably have enough to fill a 9 card page. I should try to do a Bowman Page-A-Year binder.

I just realized that the offer for a "$1.00 value Baseball Cap of your favorite major league team by sending 5 wrappers and 50 cents to Bowman Baseball, P.O. Box 234 New York 23, N.Y." does not have an expiration date. Now to just get my hands on some wrappers.

2 comments:

  1. Hard to pass these up for the price. Love the backgrounds on early 50's Bowmans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pickup. Unfortunately New York 23 is no longer a valid address. I suppose you might try mailing to Bowman/Topps's current address.

    ReplyDelete