Saturday, August 7, 2021

7 for $7 - 2019 Topps Pete Alonso RC

I probably have less than 10 graded cards in my collection. In fact, I've busted several cards out of their plastic coffins over the years. I don't buy graded cards. 

I bought a graded card at the card show a few weeks back.


The card show was only a week or so after the Home Run Derby. I think that played a part in me buying this card. I enjoyed watching the Home Run Derby with my oldest son this year. I also found it comical that the seller about 4 or 5 of this same card, all graded 7s. How in the world does a 2019 card get a 7? Also comical, that if I wanted to get this card graded right now, it would cost me $200 to do so. 

This seller wanted $10 for this card. I had gone through their dollar box and had found 3 cards. I asked if the seller would take $10 for the 3 cards and the slab. He agreed. So I got this 7 for $7.

1 comment:

  1. Hope whoever originally sent in those Alonsos learned their lesson about trying to make a quick buck, because I'm guessing they weren't happy with receiving those 7's. I'm not against grading. In fact... I actually have a ton of graded cards. But I've never actually submitted any cards myself. I might eventually... but it won't be current cards. I'll be sending in some vintage stuff to authentication purposes.

    ReplyDelete