Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The other 85 cents.

My post yesterday was about a 2007 Allen & Ginter Bruce Lee card that I picked up from a dime box at a local card shop this past weekend. I mentioned that I only spent 95 cents on cards at the shop that day.

So how about the other 85 cents I spent on that trip?


I picked up this 1960 Topps Dick Groat card after passing on it the week before because of a tweet by George Bennett I had seen during the week.


This would be a great project, but for now I am just happy to add this MVP year card of Dick Groat. This card set me back 50 cents.

I typically grab any Grifey cards that I come across in dime boxes unless I know I already have it. Sometimes it ends up being a duplicate, but other times I am able to add a Griffey card to my binder for just 10 cents. I ended up needing this particular card, so that was great!


I also grabbed this Zach Greinke from the same 2005 Upper Deck First Pitch set because of the throwback uniform. It was also from the dime box.


I also bought this Ohtani card for 25 cents. With all of the cards I got off of Facebook recently I have come across a lot of these cards, but wasn't sure if I had the Ohtani, but when I saw it for a quarter I thought I should grab it.


If you have been following along, you have probably realized, along with me, that I was charged less than I should have been. It should have been $1.05, not 95 cents. I'll give them an extra dime the next time I go there.

So, while not as valuable as the 2007 Allen & Ginter Bruce Lee card I am really happy with these other bargain purchases.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of George Bennett before. Checked out his Twitter page. Scrolling through those card carpets is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to pass up any Ohtani for a quarter these days. The dude is a stud. The Groat for 50¢ is a nice find too.

    ReplyDelete