Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Card Show Recap: Part 2

The card show I attended this past Saturday was well attended. Masks were required and everyone had to sign a Covid waiver when they entered. 

One of the dealers had 5 four row boxes of baseball in top loaders starting at 1909 and going up to 2001. I started looking in the last row of the last box without knowing at the time that it was anything other than baseball. The row I looked through started with 1984. It was filled with rookie cards of Mattingly, Gooden, McGwire, Puckett, Clemens, and the like. There were multiples of almost every card. There were probably 10 McGwire and 15 Puckett rookie cards. The last few cards in the row really caught my eye.

I grabbed the Upper Deck rookie cards of Albert Pujols and Ichiro. I mentioned in a recent post that I didn't do much collecting in 2001, so this is actually my first Pujols rookie card and I think I only have a couple of other Ichiro rookie cards (a damaged Topps Update that I got for a dime and an Upper Deck Vintage). 


I also grabbed the 1986 Eric Plunk / Jose Canseco rookie card. I've actually never owned this card before, but with a $3 price tag I added I it to my small stack.

The same dealer had a box of $1 and 2/$1 cards. I grabbed the top 3 from the 2/$1 box and the bottom 2 were from the $1 box. The Wood is numbered to 50 and will be headed to a fellow blogger, if he doesn't already have it. The Longoria is the gold foil version.


The Reggie is numbered to 1500 and find a spot in my Reggie collection. I tend to be drawn to inserts that I'm not familiar with. Such was the case with the Ripken.

Tomorrow I'll finish up my card show recap with a small stack of dime box cards and a rookie card from the 1960's in fantastic condition.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. Didn't realize that Pujols rookie cards sell for more than 3x the price of Ichiros. Guess chicks aren't the only the ones who did the long ball. Collectors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick ups. I sure am missing going to shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great deals on both the Ichiro and Pujols. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice haul. Can't wait to see the rest of the card show haul.

    ReplyDelete