Friday, September 11, 2020

I need your help - 2008 Upper Deck A Piece of History Historical Moments

I like baseball cards and I like history. There are several baseball cards sets that combine these two things. Allen & Ginter is probably the first that comes to mind, as they include various historical figures, places, and objects in their set each year, although as the years have gone by, it seems like they have less and less cards with historical significance and more non baseball cards with a contemporary feel. I know some people don't like non baseball cards in a baseball card set, but I enjoy them for the most part.

Here are a few from various years that I have.






But enough about Allen & Ginter. there have been other sets over the years that have added cards of various historical figures and events. Some of those sets are the 2008 and 2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History sets. Sometime back I ended up with stack of cards from the 2008 set. It's a 200 card set with cards 1-150 being dedicated to baseball player and cards 151 - 200 depicting Historical Moments.

I need the following cards to complete the Historical Moments subset. 

158 - Gettysburg Address

159 - Completion of Transcontinental Railroad

162 - Treaty of Versailles

172 - USS Enterprise

173 - Hubble Telescope Launches

176 - U.S.S.R Crumbles

186 - California Gold Rush

190 - Steam Engine

200 - Jamestown

Here are the duplicates that I have to trade. If you can help me out, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about A&G are the non-baseball cards. It's honestly what makes A&G... A&G. As for the set build... have you tried Sportlots? You might be able to hammer out all of these from one dealer.

    ReplyDelete