Saturday, September 5, 2020

Oddball Food Issue - 1995 Mr. Turkey

I know the title says 1995 Mr. Turkey, but let's start with this 1992 Mr. Turkey ken Griffey Jr. card. This is a hand cut card from a package of Mr. turkey lunchmeat.


You can tell that this card is mis cut and the back shows stains. Both common with cards that were printed on packaging. A factory set of these cards was also available, but it looks like this Griffey is the only card I have from this set. It came in one of the collections I bought last year. Even in this condition, I will happily add it to my Griffey collection.


I don't know about other years, but I do have some other Mr. Turkey cards. these have a 1994 copyright date, but from what I could find, they were issued in 1995.

This time though, the cards were not issued on the packaging, but only as a mail-in offer. The 1992 set was 26 cards of current players, but the 1995 offering consists of just 5 MLB retired greats.

I found this photo on eBay showing the mail in offer. Apparently for $10 and 10 proof of purchases you could get an autographed baseball by either Bob Feller or Tug McGraw.


Here is the set.



In addition to this set, I have singles of everyone except Spahn and 3 additional sealed sets. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have decided to not actively pursue D-Backs cards at this time, but I you have some food issue or other oddball sets, let me know and we can work out a trade.



2 comments:

  1. I would be interested in working out a trade with you. I am interested in one of these sealed sets as well as other oddball sets along with Indians cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Three food issue posts in a row? Is this your new specialty? If so, I love it.

    ReplyDelete