Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pack Break: 2013 Topps Opening Day

Yesterday was filled with yard work and running errands. My two older boys helped me out in the yard and with the money they earned they decided to get a few packs of 2013 Topps Opening Day from Target. We got four packs in total (two for my soon to be 7 year old, 1 for my 5 year old, and one for me). My oldest son was really happy to pull two Diamondbacks (J.J. Putz and Paul Goldschmidt) an Albert Pujols Superstar Celebrations card and a Baltimore Orioles Mascot card. He turns 7 next Saturday and will be getting some more Opening Day for his birthday! My other son got a nice Andrew McCutchen Play Hard insert and was happy! I think I did pretty well for $0.99. Here are the cards I got.

This Brandon League card was on the top of the pack.


The blue parallel numbered to 2013 was a few cards later. I don't know why but I think it's cool to get the base and a parallel of the same card in the same pack. The blue parallel works really well with it being a Dodgers card. GCRL contacted my about a trade yesterday, so this will be headed his way, assuming he needs it.


I got base cards of Granderson, Santana, Ryan Howard, and Carlos Quinton.





I also got a Ballpark Fun insert of Dustin Pedroia. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm probably biased, but that Quentin is the best action shot from Topps that I've seen all year. Those blue parallels look pretty snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I do need/want the league. I pulled an Aaron hill ballpark fun card that I will be sure to include in the cards going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i plan on opening a pack or two of the opening day cards on opening day with my 6 month old son and starting a new tradition. love the League cards.

    ReplyDelete