Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thank you Diamondbacks!



In November I was on the Arizona Diamondbacks web site and noticed something called the Arizona Diamondbacks Season Ticket Scholarship. You could nominate yourself or someone else to win season tickets for the Diamondbacks. I nominated myself, noting my love of baseball and the D-Backs. I mentioned how I would love to go to games to spend time with my family, but that it was difficult because of the cost and my wife and I schedules because she is working now.

A week before Christmas I got a large envelope in the mail from the Diamondbacks. The letter thanked me for applying for the scholarship. It said after careful consideration "we are unable to grant you with full season tickets. However, since your support is so important to us, we would like to invite you to ten games during the 2011 season. You can redeem the encolsed certificates at the Chase Field ticket office to recieve your tickets."

I was shocked! The vouchers that they spoke of are good for 4 Baseline Reserve tickets each. That's a total of 40 tickets. Each ticket has a face value of $25. That's $1000 worth of tickets! I can use them for any game besides Opening Day. I didn't even get to go to 10 D-Backs games this year, so to get to attend 10 games is awesome! I want to say "Thank you" to the Diamondbacks and I look forward to rooting them on in 2011!

5 comments: