Friday, September 26, 2014

Commenting on cards from Cervin' Up Cards (Part 2)

Cervin' Up Cards sent me a package recently with these 4 Justin Upton cards.

Upton spent six seasons (2007 - 2012) with the Diamondbacks, before being traded to the Braves. He was one of my favorites, if not my favorite D-Backs player, for most of that time.

When J-Up got traded I stopped pursuing his cards. Not just his Braves cards, but I haven't gone after any of his D-Backs cards since he was traded. I guess that means I'm more of a team collector than a player collector.





I know I've seen several bloggers out there that specify that they collect cards of players only with them on a certain team, so I guess I'm not alone. The only player I collect even their cards on different teams is Ryan Roberts. It's just a weird feeling to have been such a big fan of a player and then all of a sudden it stops. Let me know your thoughts on the subject.

2 comments:

  1. So what you're saying is that you want my cards that feature Justin Upton as a Brave correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few mini PCs in which I only collect the cards of the player in Cubs garb... Doug Dascenzo, Brooks Kieschnick, Glenallen Hill, Reed Johnson...
    They were some of my favorites when they played for the team, but I can't bring myself to look at them in another team's jersey.

    ReplyDelete