Friday, September 5, 2014

I hate buying supplies and $3.60 well spent!

With a wife, three young boys, a mortgage, and a variety of other financial obligations on just one income, I hate spending money on cardboard board related supplies, when I have such a small amount of money dedicated to hobby related purchases.

Ever since I was a kid I've hated buying pages, binders, cases, etc. That's why the majority of my collection is in cardboard boxes. But I even hate spending my hard earned cash on cardboard boxes, but sometimes you just have to.

I made a trip to my LCS today to pick up some supplies. I got a 5000 count monster box, 2 shoe boxes, 2 packs of penny sleeves, and a ball cube. Just that set me back $12.

Now I know $12 isn't much, but it can buy some nice cards. For instance, I passed on a 1964 Topps Eddie Mathews card today that was priced at $6. I also went through a small stack of  well loved 1933 Goudey cards that were priced at $6.95 each, but I passed on them as well.

There were a few other 1933 Goudey cards that I had to pass on as well. The one I really wanted was this Paul Waner. I took this picture off eBay. The one at my LCS was in worse shape than this one. It was priced at $27.50. A steal in my book, but I just couldn't do it especially since I had to get the supplies.



I didn't walk away with out any cards though. My LCS has a dime box and then they have several cases with cards for 25 cents, 50 cents, 1 dollar, and 2 dollars.

Here's what I picked up for a total of $3.60.

$0.10

$0.25


$0.25


$0.25


$0.25


$0.50


$2.00


4 comments:

  1. Man, my elusive Don Mossi for a quarter! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spent $3.60. The Torre and Aaron, worth that alone, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Torre! He was really good with the Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Gil is worth a buck to me, more if it was centered. I think you did great just with the 63 leaders alone. :)

    ReplyDelete