Friday, September 26, 2014

Commenting on cards from The Dutch Card Guy (Part #1)

The Dutch Card Guy recently sent me a package that contained these two cards.  They are 1999 Topps Stars cards of Travis Lee. Both cards are #39. As you can see, Topps took the same photo and then just cropped it for the second card. I did a little research and it looks like there are at least 4 versions of each card from the 1999 Topps Stars set, with each one being cropped from the same initial photo.



So what do you think? Is this another case of Topps being lazy or is it a cool concept? Is it something that you would like them to do today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in between it being lazy and a cool concept. But, Topps really does do that today already with using the same photo cropped differently for inserts, Heritage, Archives, and A&G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand when I see recycled photos on various Topps cards from the same year or even or a couple years period. It just seems like they are being lazy. I guess the 1999 Topps Stars set doesn't bother me that much because I know it was on purpose.

      Delete