Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Trade with The Home Run Apple

Keith, of the blog The Home Run Apple, reached out to me about a month ago and offered up some cards for trade. I really wanted one of the cards, and you'll see why in a little bit, but I didn't have anything I felt I could offer in return, since Keith isn't the only Mets fan in the blogosphere and I'd already traded away most of my Mets hits. I told him I'd keep looking and see what I could find.

A little over a week ago I was cleaning up some cards in my den and found a couple of Mets cards that I had forgotten about. We arranged a trade and I got his package yesterday. Thanks Keith!

So without further adieu. Here's the card that I really wanted. It's a 2009 Topps T-206 mini printing plate of Brandon Webb! This is my first printing plate of Webb since I started collecting him later in his career. I came across a Brandon Webb Super Collector a while back, so if you're interested you can check out his site. He has 27 Webb 1 of 1's!



Keith added two Brandon McCarthy Panini Prizm autos, one from 2013 and one from 2014. McCarthy was terrible with the D-Backs, but since he was traded to the Yankees he has been doing a lot better. 



Here are the other cards that Keith threw in. Thanks again Keith!








1 comment: