Friday, September 26, 2014

Commenting on cards from The Dutch Card Guy (Part #2)

The Dutch Card Guy sent me a package of D-Backs recently. These 3 cards were part of the package!

These cards represent a great time in D-Backs history! I really want to complete this Postseason Glory subset, even those featuring the Yankees.

I was surprised to learn that these are from a 2001 set. Obviously they must have come out after that World Series, so it had to have been late November or early December of 2001. 

I know I'm biased, because it was the D-Backs, but I think the 2001 World Series has got to be the best World Series that I have ever seen. There was just so much drama. Not to mention the added impact that 9/11 had on the Series. It was either huge blowouts of come from behind victories all the way to bottom of the 9th in Game 7 with the home team winning each game. 

What is the best World Series that you have witnessed in your lifetime?


1 comment:

  1. I was nine in 2001, so I don't remember a ton from that one. But what a World Series it was. The 2011 Cardinals-Rangers Fall Classic sticks out for me. Game 6 of that one is still the greatest single game I've ever watched.

    ReplyDelete