Sunday, February 11, 2018

Instead of 2018 Topps...

2018 Topps debuted a couple of weeks ago and I've enjoyed it vicariously through all of your posts. I'm on a strict budget at the moment so I won't be picking up any cards any time soon.

Luckily for me I already have plenty of cards to keep the posts coming and fellow bloggers like P-Town Tom keep sending me cards. Thanks Tom!

I found a small lot of Topps Tek Dan Vogelbach cards in a Facebook group and so I made payment and arranged to have them shipped directly to the biggest Vogelbach fan I know. I wasn't expecting anything in return, but that's not how Tom plays.


Because of the foil the scan does not do this card any justice. It's a 2003 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Team Tandems card of Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling.

In 2002 Johnson and Schilling were a combined 47-12. The became the first teammates in the history of the game to each record more than 300 strikeouts in the same season and the finished 1 and 2 in Cy Young voting for the second straight season, with Johnson winning it.

Between 1992 and 2004, either Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling led their league in strikeouts 11 times.

Johnson and Schilling in 2002 were the last pitchers to record 300+ strikeouts in a season until Clayton Kershaw finished 2015 with 301 k's and Chris Sale accomplished the feat last season with 308 k's.

Check out some of the other cards that Tom sent!

Great card of David Peralta, but I wish his eyes were open.


Three Goldschmidt cards. Two I needed and the Marketside card is great because I'm also trying to complete that set. 




Jake Lamb had a great 2017. Hopefully he will repeat in 2018.


Only 33 MLB players have been born in England and 31 MLB players have been born in Australia. Pretty small numbers. Phil Stockman was born in England and grew up in Australia.  


Thanks again Tom!

1 comment:

  1. You are most certainly welcome! Thanks again for all the Vogelbach help!

    ReplyDelete