Sunday, January 3, 2010

2 Cards Already In My Personal Collection

One of my 2010 card collecting goals is to add 100 cards to my Personal Collection. Here are 2 cards that are already in my personal collection that I haven't yet featured on my blog.

2004 Donruss World Series Playoffs Souvenirs - Card features Jeff Kent of the San Fransico Giants and a piece of a ball used during Game 3 of the 2002 World Series between the Anaheim Angels and the San Fransico Giants. It is numbered on the back 016/100. I picked this up on ebay a few years ago. I love game specific game-used cards and thought that this was an awesome card. I love the fact that it has part of the stitching on it.



2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Great American Treasures Magglio Ordonez All-Star Game-Worn Hat  - This insert set features some pretty amazing stuff. This is just about the only card from the set that I could afford. I picked it up on ebay a few years back. This card features a piece of the hat that Magglio Ordonex wore during the 2000 All-Star Game.





5 comments:

  1. I'm also fond of game-used cards that can be tied to a specific event. I don't think I've ever seen a game-used baseball relic before, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. So they cut up a hat Magglio had autographed to make the card?!? That's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of knowing the exact event and date that the Ordonez hat was worn. But CC is right - that hat was autographed. How could they cut it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if part of the Magglio hat auto ended up in a card too. That would be sweet.

    That Kent card is one of the coolest game used cards I've seen. A World Series ball. Pretty amazing. Do you remember about how much it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can already see the ebay seller that pulls part of the autograph on the brim and lists it as a 1/1.

    Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete