Sunday, January 10, 2010

I really like XFRACTORS!

I stopped collecting hard core right before Chrome took off and became really popular. I always looked at it just as an expensive parallel with no actual inserts. My wife bought me a box of 2009 Bowman Chrome a few months back, not knowing how I felt about Chrome and I really enjoyed it. I don't know what it is about it, but I liked it. I really liked the XFRACTOR card that I pulled and it wasn't even a player that I like, Since then I have tried to pick up a few D-Back XFRACTOR cards, so when I saw that Angelsfan of Omega Cardboard had pulled a 2008 Topps Chrome Chris Young XFRACTOR we arranged a trade. He sent me the Young XFRACTOR and a few other D-Backs. Thanks Angelsfan!



2008 Topps Chrome Chris Young XFRACTOR



2009 Topps Randy Johnson and Max Scherzer - Two former D-back pitchers




2006 Fleer Conor Jackson - Rookie Card




2004 Donruss Team Heroes Brian Bruney and Steve Finley - I didn't collect in 2004 so this is the first time I have ever seen this set.




2008 Topps Mark Reynolds - 40+ home runs in 2009. Hoping he will have an even better 2010!




2008 Bowman Draft Picks Ryne White - Never heard of him, but he hit .379 during college at Purdue and was named after Chicago Cub hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg.




3 comments:

  1. I am trying to collect the whole 2008 Chrome refractor set, and honestly, don't care much for Xfractors. If you'd like I can send some your way, I know I have Jason Bay and an Alex Romero Rookie.

    Edit: I have Jimmy Rollins, Stephen Drew, Yovani Gallardo (08 and 09), Jason Bay, Gil Meche, Brian Roberts, Fausto Carmona, Hanley Ramirez, Rickie Weeks, Alex Romero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always prefered the regular refractors but the xfractors are nice too. I've picked up a few of each to go along with my 08 Topps set.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete