Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Junk Wax Wednesdays #1

I don't know about you but I consider the Junk Wax era to be 1987 - 1993. I started collecting as a 7 year old in 1988 and so I opened my fair share of 1988 Score and Donruss, 1989 Topps, Fleer, and Donruss, 1990 Donruss, Topps, Fleer, Score, and Upper Deck, 1991 Topps, Fleer, Donruss, and Score, 1992 Upper Deck, Score, and Donruss, 1993 Donruss, etc. These products bring back happy memories from a simpler time, but the cards from this time period typically have little or no value today. However, I want to show of a few treasures rom the Junk Wax Era.

Here is a 1992 Upper Deck Dan Pasqua card. I love the great action shot and the fact that he is caught giving the safe sign in a plea to the umpire.

 
The back of the card reveals a photo taken just prior to the shot on the front. Unfortunatly it's not clear here if he was safe or out either, but I'll go with Pasqua and say safe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment