Sunday, December 16, 2012

My 10 Favorite Boston Red Sox Base Cards

I've been sorting my cards by team and decided to do a Top 10 post featuring my 10 favorite base cards from every team. Next up are the Boston Red Sox.

 
Again, there is no specific criteria for this other than it's a base card and I own it. So here we go!
 
#10 - Youkilis enjoying a home run trot. Just a cooling looking shot!
 
 
#9 - In 1999 Pedro Martinez was 23–4 with a 2.07 ERA and 313 strikeouts (earning the pitching Triple Crown and unanimously winning his second CY Young Award.

 
#8 - 1991 Topps has some great photos. I really like this shot and I like how Topps let the bat extend beyond the border.
 
 
#7 - I don't have a lot of vintage card, but I do have this 1968 Topps Carl Yastrzemski card. This was issued the year after he won the Triple Crown and mentions it on the back.
 
 
#6 - If there is one thing I will always remember about Nomar (Ramon backwords - named after his father) it will be his crazy ritual at the plate where he would adjust his batting gloves about 4 million times. I love the fact that this card shows just a small glimpse of that!


 #5 - I opened up a ton of 1990 Donruss back in the day and I must have put together quite a few of the Carl Yazstremski puzzles although I don't still have any today. This card commemorating the puzzle stands as a reminder of much simpler days.

 
#4 - Mo Vaughn was a beast! I also really like cards where the bat barrel is pointed out towards the camera!


#3 - "THE RIVALRY INTENSIFIES" was an understatement!

 
#2 - When I think about Johnny Damon, this is how I will always remember him. Scruffy beard and long hair playing for the Red Sox.

 
#1 - Great looking card capturing one of baseball's most famous moments!



1 comment:

  1. Great top 10... especially love the 1991 Topps Dwight Evans and the Fisk Masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete