Thursday, February 14, 2019

More 1962 Topps Yankees

Yesterday was a 1962 Topps Mickey Mantle Te Switch Hitter Connects card from the Vintage Yankees lot that I picked up on a Facebook group for $40 shipped.

Here are a couple more cards from that lot from 1962 Topps.

First up is a World Series Highlights card featuring Roger Maris.


 Take a look at the back of the card. I know what AB, R, H, and E represent, but what are the O and A for?


Here's a Whitey Ford card from the 1962 Topps set. It's titled Ford Tosses A Curve.


The back of the card features his stats. I've got to think this is similar to his regular card in the set. Not sure why Topps didn't provide a write up on the back rather than a repeat of stats.


These cards serve a purpose for me as they will take a spot in my Topps Page-A-Year binder. I'm down to just needing a handful of cards to finish up this project. Who else is working on this type of project? How far along are you, or have you completed it? Let me know.

6 comments:

  1. O and A are Fielding Outs and Assists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally get on board with picking up a bunch of vintage cards on the cheap but come on get a better team!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Not a Yankees fan here, but those are sweet!

    Nice pick-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a Topps Page-A-Year, aka Flagship binder in the works, but got a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang. You hit the lottery with this Yankees lot. So many awesome cards. Don't think I've seen that Maris before, but I love the well cropped action shot. And that Ford has been on my wantlist for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete