Thursday, February 16, 2017

Not what you would expect when I say 1984 Fleer

I came across these 1984 Fleer V trading cards and stickers recently at my LCS in a 5 cent or 25/$1 box.








The miniseries debuted in 1983 and had a sequel miniseries in 1984. Then came the actual tv series which was in 1984 and 1985. These cards are from the actual show.

I remember watching V as a kid. I don't remember a lot of the details, but I remember watching when the true identity of the "visitors" was actually revealed. This is crazy to me, because I was born in 1981, so I would have been 2 - 4 years old when the show was on. Is that even possible that I could remember?

I did watch the 2009 reboot of the show and was disappointed when it ended.

I'm only going to keep 9, enough to fill a binder page, so if you have any interest in whatever is left let me know. Here are the 9 I'm keeping.


I think I'll try to do a binder page whenever I run across cards like this of a show that I watched.

7 comments:

  1. Always fun to dig through a few stacks of non-sport cards in a discount box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the miniseries when it came out. It was a big deal. (As were most miniseries at the time). I don't remember the weekly TV series at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda scary looking for a wee one. I don't know the details of the plot. Is that curly haired woman "chowing down" on something special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I can think of is that my older siblings must have been watching it and so I watched it with them. I'm not sure what she is eating in that photo, but they would eat live rats on the show.

      Delete
  4. I never saw 'V' but love old cards like these. they make great surprises in trade packages.

    ReplyDelete