Sunday, December 8, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #1

On July 8th I started a program called Naturally Slim and as of yesterday, December 7th, I've lost exactly 100 pounds.

In honor of loosing 100 pounds, I wanted to show off 100 of my favorite cards.

Every so often I get asked what my favorite card is in my collection. While it's hard picking a favorite child or card, we all know it can be done. So here is my favorite.

It's off centered, creased, and the corners are rounded, but I love it! The first "vintage" cards I every purchased as a kid were Hank Aaron's last cards as a player. It was a 1976 Topps Record Breaker card and his regular card from that set. So that made owning his rookie card even better!

The plan is to post a card a day and showcase 100 of my favorite cards. I'm not organized enough to do any type of countdown, but hopefully I'll be able to post a card each day.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome, congrats! And then Hank is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You accomplished something great, and we get rewarded for it. Can't wait to see your favorite 100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the amazing feat. That Hammerin Hank is pretty neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! And you can't complain about any Hank Aaron RC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to add another congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 100 pounds! And I love that Aaron rookie, creases and all it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved vintage is the best vintage. Congrats on your weight loss success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. 100 pounds? That's awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the weight loss! That has to feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your journey to better health! That’s awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card choice to begin the 100 countdown! Congrats to you Daniel! Here's to a happy, healthier 2020!!!

    ReplyDelete