Thursday, December 19, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #12

In honor of me loosing 100 pounds, I'm posting 100 of my favorite cards in my collection. Today is Card #12 which is an Upper Deck A Piece of History 3000 Hit Club bat card.

Several years ago I decided to collect a bat card of every player in the 500 Home Run Club. When I finished that I set my sights on a bat card of every player in the 3000 Hit Club. I have a couple of these from the actual Upper Deck A Piece of History Set. I remember when they first produced these. They were super pricey. The Ruth and some of the other older players in the 500 Home Run and 3000 Hit Club sets are still fairly costly, but some of the newer guys are affordable and I actually pulled one myself from a box. Not this one, but you will see that card later in my countdown.


1 comment:

  1. This would be a cool set to build... but based on the asking prices on eBay... there's no way I'd even attempt it. I'd happily settle for the Gwynn though. Maybe I'll find it one day.

    ReplyDelete