Saturday, December 28, 2019

100 Pounds - 100 Cards - Card #21

I’m still going strong posting a card a day in my effort to showcase 100 of my favorite cards in celebration of me losing 100 pounds this year.

Card #21 arrived via eBay just recently. It’s a 1998 Flair Showcase Showpiece card of Travis Lee. It’s serial numbered on the back 073/100. I think I paid less than $5 shipped for it. I can’t imagine what this would have fetched back in 1998, especially in my neck of the woods. Travis Lee was huge here in Arizona. He was signed a year or so before the D-Backs started in 1998 and so the hype just kept building. He had a great rookie year, but never turned into the star that everyone thought he would be before getting traded.

I enjoy picking up rare cards of his from his time as a Diamondback at great prices. I did a video because the design shows better that way verses just a photo.


3 comments:

  1. The video shows the multi-faceted awesomeness of this card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the jackpot by securing that card for $5 shipped. That card was a biggie 20 years ago. Love the 90's shine! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete